FlyHigh~ has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster Award is a way to recognize new bloggers in the blogosphere. Nominations are done by other bloggers who have read and enjoyed these new blogs.
With that said, thank you to The Part Time Traveller for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I am flattered and honored! Please visit Sodas’ website for more tips of nice and cheap hotels, great cultural experiences and her journey around the world!
Listed below are the rules of this award:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
___________Here are my answers to the questions posted for me:
- Describe the ultimate dream trip, if money wasn’t an issue.
For me now, my forever dream trip is to have a whole week vacation in Maldives. Stayingat the Villas which it costs minimum $1,000 per night, sometimes there’s nice packages online at $800 or even $350 …for a night. Yeah. But the blue crystal water, white sand and beautiful landscape will melt you, is just worth it. It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches and resort of the world. It’s also nice for couples, families, and even solo. Nice relaxation to get away from your job, life, problems, everything. I definitely have to make this trip before I ever leave Emirates. It would cost me a fortune if I do it from USA to Maldives. Gotta use me flying benefits!
2. Do you prefer urban adventures or nature escapes? Why?
I’ve done many urban adventures and are great as nature escapes. However, nature adventures are more beautiful, relaxing, you’ll explore sights you never imagined, you get more grateful of how beautiful our fauna and flora is. Nature landscape are the best.
3. What are your top 3 destinations & why?
1-Phuket. Phuket islands are a dream.The beaches are so clean and water crystal clear. Thai food is amazing, delicious! The people are nice, everything is so nice! Perfect for couples, solo, family vacations etc. The only problems is that is always too crowded, the rest is fine.
2-Malta. Malta is a beautiful old rocky Mediterranean island. It has history everywhere, is very small and easy to explore. The food is quite nice and everything is also very cheap. The night life in Malta is awesome as well.
3-Sydney. Sydney is an expensive city, and although a lot of people say there’s nothing to do, I like the fact you have nice environment, nice restaurants, you can either visit Bondi beach or Manly beach. You have amazing shows to choose from at the Opera, or even having a nice cafe with an amazing old bridge view.
**I HAVE to add a 4th- Zurich. Switzerland is BEAUTIFUL! **
4. What is your least favorite destination?
United Kingdom. Okay, don’t be offended. I’ll just say, is not my style.
5. Name at least five songs that would be in your ultimate travel playlist.
umm.. I’m not really a fan of having a travel playlist. I just put random music…
6. How do you choose your next destination?
It’s part of my job, I ‘bid’ for it. 🙂
7. What is your preferred choice in accommodations: hotels, bed & breakfast, airbnb, hostels, couchsurfing, other?
When I go for holidays, it depends. It depends how many days am I staying and the purpose. I stayed at Rome in a very nice location with my boyfriend in a Bed & Breakfast, it was nice. We didn’t spend too much time in the room because we were always going out, so much to do in Rome. In Paris however, we decided in a hotel, as for be more relax, enjoy some view, privacy etc.
8. Do you prefer to travel alone, with a partner, or in a group?
I despite groups. I prefer with a partner (friend, boyfriend, family) or solo.
9. What are 3 MUST have in your travel bag?
Camera, universe plug converter, map.
10. What is one of your top travel memories?
- Lion safari at Johannesburg, South Africa
- Swiss Alps .
- Amazing beach islands in Phuket.
- Dining in Opera house, Sydney, Australia.
- My first solo experience in Shanghai, China.
11. What advice would you give to those who want to travel?
Search patiently information of your destination. Choose wisely and carefully the hotel and its location. Make sure the “don’ts” of the country, use Tripadvisor for Hotel ratings, restaurants, activities etc. If your goal is to explore the city, outside activities etc, then don’t waste too much money on expensive hotels, search for cheap hotels, B&B, etc. Location is more important like ‘walking distance from…’ (near metro, point of interests, subway, city, etc) Lastly, make a schedule of all the things you want to visit. Before starting the day, make sure to prepare a path and mark it on your map (which place visit first, what things to visit tomorrow, etc) that way you won’t missed anything. 🙂
Without further ado, here are my nominations for the Liebster Award (in no particular order):
To my nominees, please answer the following questions:
- What is the reason behind your blog name or title?
- Which travel post is your favorite, and why?
- When taking pictures of your travels, You prefer Camera or phone camera?
- What is one of your top travel memories?
- Which are your top 3 destinations & why?
- One thing you always carry with you, excluding electronics?
- Which is your dream destination?
- Any hobbies? Other than travelling.
- What is your goal or mission in life, if any.
- You are having a breakfast at the Hotel… you prefer Coffee or Tea?
- Why you started a Blog?
Thanks again The Part Time Traveller for the nomination!